jump to search jump to main content

  • This Task has been optimized for mobile devices.Mobile Friendly
  • This Task has been designed for use by Prospective Student, Current Student. For Prospective Student, Current Student

Have you recently been admitted to St. Edward’s? 

Form I-20 (F-1 Student) and Form DS-2019 (J-1 Exchange Visitor): To study as an international student in the United States, you need a Form I-20 "Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student (F-1) Status." This form grants you eligibility to apply for an F-1 student visa.

Required Documents for Form I-20 or DS-2019

After submitting I-20 form, email the following documents to iss@stedwards.edu.

  1. Copy of Passport Identification Page for you and any dependents (spouse and/or children) 
  2. Certification of Finances Form – All students must demonstrate the financial ability to pay for estimated academic and living expenses. Cost estimates vary for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as single-semester or full-year exchange students, so make sure to select the correct version of the form for your intended program of study.
  3. Proof of Financial Support (Bank Documents) – Either the student or sponsor (usually a parent, guardian or another family member) must submit a bank letter or official bank statement proving the account holder has a checking or savings account with an available balance in excess of the cost estimate for the student’s period of study. Proof can come in the form of an online screenshot of an account balance, an official bank statement, or a signed letter from the bank detailing available balance, so long as documentation meets all specifications outlined in Section III of the Certification of Finances Form.


Latest release -

No Release Notes.

User Reviews

No User Reviews.
  • Response from
    (This response may not apply because the review has been edited.)


stars out of 5
% of ratings are stars
 Back to top