Position Management Process & Forms
- For all roles
St. Edward’s has developed the following steps when a department has identified the need for an additional staff position or to reclassify an existing position.
- Creation of New Positions: Occurs infrequently and must be reviewed thoroughly and approved prior to posting and hiring.
- Reclassification of Existing Positions: Will only be considered if the duties and scope have changed significantly and must be reviewed thoroughly and approved by Human Resources.
In this instance, the Supervisor/Cost Center Manager must:
- Download the Position Information Questionnaire (PIQ) and answer the questions used to develop the new or reclassified position description.
- Submit the completed PIQ to Human Resources, which analyzes and determines the appropriate classification and salary range, signs the PIQ and notifies the Supervisor/Cost Center Manager of the classification and salary range for the new or reclassified position.
- Determine whether or not the department needs to request a budget increase to allow for the new or reclassified position. If existing funding is not available, the position description and salary information are then presented to the Budget Council for final review and approval. Budget Council approval is required for new or reclassified positions that affect the ongoing salary and fringe benefit budgets for the university.
- Additions to Existing Positions: The Supervisor/Cost Center Manager must submit the request to the Budget Council for approval. Budget Council approval is required for additional positions as they affect the ongoing salary and fringe benefit budgets for the university.
No Available Tasks
All Tasks that were previously found in this Task Center have expired or been removed.